Saturday, June 21, 2008

29

So we just turned 27 and 29. It seems like the older we get, the less celebrated birthdays become, so I went into this one with lower expectations than in previous years. And that was a good thing, because it ended up being an awesome day!!!
Jared & Elena let me sleep in until 8:30 and I can always get more sleep these days. It was such a luxury! Jared went to work and E and I stayed home, did some things around the house and generally had a lazy day. Last night we went to this little hole in the wall place we had heard about from several friends here. It's called "Meers" and supposedly it's the best burger in OK. So we drove the 50 miles and loved the trip there-it was through a nature preserve and we got to see buffalo!

It was beautiful back in the hills-almost mountainous. As Jared said "It's almost like we're not in Oklahoma!". The atmosphere of the restaurant was old-fashioned, like something from the early 1900's. And the food-WOW! The food was incredible. We ordered their specialty-the Meersburger, with potato wedges and for dessert they brought us a bowl of cherry cobbler, peach cobbler, and homemade ice cream. The 3 of us ate maybe one-fourth of it-it was HUGE! I'm still full as I write this!





And let's not forget what Jared got me-something I've been wanting for a while! My first Tiffany piece of jewelry, which I thought I would never have. At least not this side of raising kiddos. :) My husband has quite a history of getting me nice jewelry! We had a great time together and now we have good memories of my 29th birthday!



9 comments:

noell said...

wow! love the necklace...i think? it's beautiful whether it's a necklace or bracelet. hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday guys!!!

The LaFiette's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My big 29 is next week!

Sarah said...

Hello! Happy belated birthdays! I realized last night after I'd e-mailed you the other day that I was a day late for yours, Adri. Sorry, my brain is not very functional as of late. I'm so glad you're blogging! It's the greatest for keeping up-to-date w/busy friends. Hope you keep it up even after you have a house and have to clean it yourself again! :) But I'll forgive you if your hands are too full!

Kevin & Sharon said...

Adri,
The close up picture of you with Elena was startling. I thought I was looking at 2 y/o Jared again!
Thank you for this blog.
Nana

Sarah said...

Ha!I was trying to sleep last night when I remembered your statement and it caught me as funny: your "first" piece of Tiffany Jewelry, huh? Does this mean there'll be many to come, Jared? It's quite beautiful. And you're right, Adri. Jared is good about getting you jewelry. I'm still amazed at the huge rock(s) on your finger!

Unknown said...

Hehehehe, so Adri, did you wonder why I was randomly looking at Tiffany.com and asking you questions? I'm going to add "gift recon" to my resume. ;)

Carrie Peeples said...

Cute family!! Glad you had a good birthday celebration!

Unknown said...

Wow Adri, the necklace is beautiful! Tell Jared to contact Brian for my next birthday! ;) Miss you guys!