Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jared!

Thanks for the tips, Karin & Sarah! Although this evening I'm too beat to actually use them so I'm just uploading new pictures and however they land, that's how they're gonna stay! 
Yesterday was Jared's birthday! Our friend Jonathan Schultz (from the family who introduced Jared and I, AND brother of Sarah and Karin, the blogging-picture-extraordinairres) joined us for a lunch of Navajo Tacos. Then 3 families from our neighborhood joined us for a rich chocolatey confection of Devil's Food cake with chocolate ganache and milk chocolate curls on top. If you have known Jared for any length of time, you know he loves chocolate. So this was my attempt at outdoing any previous birthday cake. We had vanilla ice cream with it. Jared says it was the best birthday cake ever, in the frosting department. :) So next year I'll tweak the cake part a bit and maybe we'll have the perfect combination! 
Jono took a picture of the whole family for us!
Right before digging in
The chocolatey goodness

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. Aren't you just Becky Homec-y? (Apron and all!) Mmmm. Navajo tacos. Last time I had a home-made one was at your parents' house before you two got married. That was a delicious recipe (but so much work, right?)! Well, at least for a hubby. Happy b-day, Jared!

Sarah said...

I have no idea what I said up there. I think I meant to say a recipe that requires so much work is only worth it if you're doing it for your hubby.

Also, thanks for taking great care of Jono. It's wonderful he has a family to hang out with and a good example to look to. All of us Schultzes appreciate your adoption of Jon.

michelle lynn said...

MMmmm you are such an amazing cook! I remember last year for his birthday you made us dinner and an amazing chocolate cake - and I wondered how you did it then in the TLFs with a little one and pregnant! You inspire me :)

michelle lynn said...

Oh and Happy belated birthday to Jared! Oh, and I'm sure I've missed yours too, so happy day!