Friday, October 17, 2008

Highlights from Grandma & Grandpa's visit

My parents and grandma-"Grandma", "Grandpa" and "Nanma" just left from a week-long visit. I'm so thankful that they're able to visit and have a relationship with Elena. I grew up really close to my grandparents and I think it's really important for our children to know their grandparents. It always makes me sad when I hear people say that they didn't really know their grandparents, or that they saw them once every couple of years for the holidays. Anyway, my heart melted as I watched Grandpa giving horsey rides and reading to her in Spanish, Grandma playing games and being so patient and encouraging, and Nanma and Elena snuggling together on the couch, reading. It was so cute when E would wake up and tell them "good morning!" and they would give her big hugs and kisses. 

While they were here we visited a farm and pick
ed pumpkins! Elena insisted on "carrying" her pumpkin.

We visited Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane and enjoyed the huge red wagon, carousel, ducks, view of Spokane Falls and the river and walked around the downtown mall.





0 comments: